Dark circles and bruising under the eyes often require not cosmetic, but rather, medical intervention. This is because it is the external manifestation of unfavorable internal condition of the body. In general, they may be caused by a number of different reasons.
POSSIBLE REASONS OF DARK CIRCLES AND BRUISING UNDER THE EYES:
- If you have dark circles under the eyes for a long period, it may be so because small vessels and capillaries are very close to the skin surface and are permanently injured. That’s why real bruises appear. If so, contact a specialized clinic where such problems can be solved using lymphatic-drainage massage or laser therapy.
- This problem can be a consequence of changes in the processes of skin pigmentation. If so, restore healthy skin color with various cosmetic-medicine remedies and masks of natural products which promote skin whitening. The only thing to note is that this process will be long. Noticeable results can be achieved not earlier than after two months of regular procedures.
- If the bruises still persist, you should undergo a complete medical examination. It will help to determine whether the dark circles are the external manifestation of any internal diseases. Then it makes sense to eliminate the causes of this phenomenon, rather than to struggle with its consequences in vain.
- With age, our skin loses its tonicity. This directly refers to the skin around the eyes, because it is very thin here and almost devoid of subcutaneous fat. So, it is particularly susceptible to premature aging and sagging. It happens that the wrinkles are so deep that they form skin folds and even bags. As a result, the face looks unhealthy. You can oppose occurring of this problem by intensive care and special gymnastics for the face. But it is possible to fight it only surgically.
- The skin around the eyes can sag and become dark as the result of sudden weight loss. It is especially so in more mature age, because the skin is already not so elastic and it is difficult for it to restore natural tonicity.
- Violation of daily regimen and unbalanced feeding is one of the most common causes of dark circles. Body really needs healthy sleep, moderate physical activity and exposure to fresh air. If you are unable to get enough sleep or walking now, use special creams promoting enhanced blood circulation and, as a consequence, saturation of the skin with necessary substances.
- Usually, dark circles under the eyes indicate improper functioning of the kidneys. If now you don’t feel obvious discomfort, try to solve this problem in a very simple and effective way – drink at least 2 liters of clean water daily. The result will pleasantly surprise you just in several days! Most importantly, drink only during the day. It is better to avoid excessive fluid intake before sleeping, otherwise you will get bags under the eyes.
HOW TO REMOVE DARK CIRCLES AND BRUISING UNDER THE EYES AT HOME
There are lots of recipes based on natural ingredients, which have helped to cope with the problem of dark circles for decades.
- Probably the most popular and effective one is a compress of fresh strong tea brew. To make this, pour 50 ml (1/4 cup) of boiling water into 1 teaspoon of black tea and infuse it for 30 minutes. Then strain it and amply dampen a cotton pad in this infusion. Put it on problematic areas. Change it twice within 1/4 hour. At the end of the procedure clean the skin with cool water and apply a nourishing cream.
- You can also wipe the areas under the eyes with an ice-cube of herbal infusion; this will improve blood circulation and help to enhance skin tonicity.
- Ordinary potatoes boiled in their jackets are great in dealing with dark circles under the eyes. Cut a potato into thin rings and put them under the eyes for 45 minutes.
- You can also chop the parsley root and apply the resulting mushy mass on the lower eyelid for approximately 20 minutes.
- Ordinary cottage cheese helps to cope with darkened skin around the eyes. It must be applied for 15 minutes and then washed away with cool water.
- You should also apply a mask of honey and fat-free plain yogurt or kefir. The mask should be quite dense. Apply it just before bedtime during one month.